Our Staff

Committed to Making Disciples for the Transformation of the World

pastor abraham.jpeg

Rev. Dr. Abraham Waya

Pastor

It is a joy to announce that Bishop Sudarshana Devadhar intends to appoint Rev. Dr. Abraham Waya as the pastor of the East Bridgewater UMC effective July 1, 2021.


The appointment has been finalized by the 2021 Annual Conference Session of the New England Conference.

 

Rev. Dr. Waya currently serves as the pastor of Central UMC in Brockton and he will be appointed ½ time at each congregation. 

toni finlay ebumc.jpeg

Toni Finlay

Secretary

Long-time member and office administrator, Toni is our go-to person with any questions about EBUMC's people and programs. Be sure to stop in the office and say hello while you are here!

nancy jordan ebumc.jpg

Nancy Jordan

Organist and Worship Coordinator

Managing worship planning and playing the organ is no small task, and our Nancy sure does make it look easy! Nancy has long been a member of the EBUMC worshiping community and is involved in several leadership roles above and beyond worship.

mary domer ebumc.jpg

Mary Domer

Music Director and Worship Coordinator

Mary is a vital member of our team and coordinates worship as well as serving as our Music Director. You can catch her wearing many hats during worship as a musician and worship leader.

20190323_105925_edited_edited_edited.jpg

Our History

Faithfully walking with God through many years

In 1842, the Methodist Protestant church was organized in East Bridgewater. This society eventually disbanded in 1849 to be replaced by the Methodist Episcopal Church of Northville. The current East Bridgewater United Methodist Church directly stems from this church.


In 1856 a group of Methodists met for preaching services with deacon R. M. Smith at a home on the corner of Pearl and North Central Streets and they were joined by the Northville church members as well as a group from South Abington.


By the late 1850's the faith community had grown and the Methodists leased a church building that was at the site of the current library.


Before long a new space was needed and the Methodist church was built on the current site. This church suffered a devastating fire in 1903 that completely destroyed the house of worship. In less than a year the church was rebuilt and still stands on this site.


In 1965 an education wing was added to the building and the current look of the building has been maintained to this day.